Reason why D’prince changed is style of music Reason why D’prince changed is style of music - Y!NATION

LinkWithin

test banner

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Reason why D’prince changed is style of music Reason why D’prince changed is style of music

Share This


In a recent interview with Vanguard, Dprince talked about

why he changed his style of music and more.

On why she stopped singing useless songs, Dprince said

“Sometime last year, I had this re-orientation. It’s easier to

make songs that are not sensible and it will be a hit

overnight. We have done it before. I was with Don Jazzy in

the studio and he said I have to start recording new songs. I

had told him before then that I wanted to start doing socially

conscious songs.

“It took us weeks to deliberate if we should go that route or

stick to our normal party music. We tried it out and I have

started getting positive feedbacks. I am yet to visit any blog

that writes negative comments about the songs. When you

actually sing something reasonable, people will reason and

understand you.I have realised that you just have to put out

music that people can get something out of. Even it’s a party

music; it should still have a message in it. Fela did it. He had

great songs and they had a message.”

On how he wants to make his music evergreen, he said “I

thank God for the Mavin family- Don Jazzy, Tiwa, Dr Sid and

others. I don’t believe that when it comes to music I am going

to lack .I can’t tell you that I am going to be buying Bugatti’s

every other day. Music is the only thing that a musician owes

to his fans. If you have music, you will always be relevant,

unless you deviate. Most of the old artistes are not relevant

anymore because they didn’t keep up with releasing good

music.”

On negative reactions to his ‘Take Banana’ song, Dprince

replied saying “You are taking me back to the Old Testament.

Those days, our orientation was just to make a nice tune and

also make it a party jam. I did Take Banana, I did Give it to

me, they were big songs, but people felt the lyrics were bad.

That is what the people want though. Most times, people buy

these songs because that is want they want.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop your comments below. We really do appreciate comments. The comment box is below

Post Bottom Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Pages